About Me

My photo
New Orleans, LA, United States
Family from South Africa, Born in New Orleans, Lived in South Carolina. Married to Annabeth since May 2004. We have three boys (Bolt, Mack, and Birk). Currently living in Uptown NOLA and serving as Lead Pastor of Vintage Church and Camp Pastor of Student MissionLab.

Twitter Update

Saturday, May 2, 2009

DETOX: Day 3 (Daniel 4)

Saturday May 2: Daniel 4

Read Daniel 4

It’s the Weekend! Time to relax, right? As you come before people today, are you one in whom the Spirit of the holy God dwells? Today, live enabled through the Spirit. (v.18) As Daniel lived, may we also live on May 2, 2009.

Deeper Study: John 14:9-31. Holy Spirit enables the advancement of the Gospel.

My Reflections:

Daniel 4 is a perfect picture of the power of the Gospel. King Neb started out this book completely against God, by the end of this chapter he has been humbled and is praising God. I know that I came to Christ at an early age, but I also recognize what I could have become without the power of the Gospel in my life. How about you? We are only saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. But once we are saved, there is a significant difference. This past week I was hanging with my buddy Robby Gallaty. He is now pastoring a megachurch in Chattanooga. 7 years ago he was one of the top drug dealers in the city of NOLA. What happened? Christ. The Gospel transformed him. I am praying today for all of my friends in Uptown that need this transformation. I love them and they need Christ. May God expose His grace and truth in their lives.

The passage in John is a confirmation of the work of God. Only God saves. The Holy Spirit is at work. He desires to use us to lead others to Him. Allow the Spirit to lead and guide you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Rob