About Me

My photo
New Orleans, LA, United States
Family from South Africa, Born in New Orleans, Lived in South Carolina. Married to Annabeth since May 2004. We have three boys (Bolt, Mack, and Birk). Currently living in Uptown NOLA and serving as Lead Pastor of Vintage Church and Camp Pastor of Student MissionLab.

Twitter Update

Friday, May 1, 2009

DETOX: Day 2 (Daniel 3)

Friday May 1: Daniel 3

Read Daniel 3

-Who or what has your full attention today?
-Who are you serving today?
-Who are you worshipping today?
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were three Jewish studs that trusted in the Most High God who is all-powerful and in whom there is no other. They committed to worship God more because of who He is rather than what He would or would not do. (v.17-18)

Deeper Study: Examine how Paul defines the Christian life (Philippians 1:12-30)

My Reflections:

I spent this morning with my buddy Mike Walker reading through Daniel 3 and Phil 1. We had a great time reading the text. Sometimes it is great just reading God's Word and let it speak. Read Nehemiah 8. I just heard my mentor David Platt preach on this as I drove to Ruston to preach tonight. I was sharing with Mike this morning that this was a great testimony for God because the 3 guys served as a confirming testimony to the true God. It started with Daniel in ch. 2 and was confirmed in ch. 3. The 3 guys refused to worship any idol and remained faithful to God. God protected them. It is so important that every person has a personal relationship with Christ. You can't worship Christ or obtain salvation through your parents, church, religion, etc. Shad, Mesh, and Abed were in a position of influence because of the faithfulness of Daniel in ch. 2. In ch. 3, the guys got a chance to take ownership and step up to the plate. They did so boldly for the glory of Christ. Tonight, this was confirmed in the lives of 5 youth. I preached at a DNOW tonight and gave a very intense invitation. No singing, praying, or lights dimmed. I challenged the youth to repent, quick hiding behind their parents, and stand up in response to the Gospel. 5 kids stood in front of their peers. Awesome. Thanks God for saving their souls.

By the way, one of my favorite texts is in Phil 1: "For to me to live is Christ, to die is gain."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Rob