About Me

My photo
New Orleans, LA, United States
Family from South Africa, Born in New Orleans, Lived in South Carolina. Married to Annabeth since May 2004. We have three boys (Bolt, Mack, and Birk). Currently living in Uptown NOLA and serving as Lead Pastor of Vintage Church and Camp Pastor of Student MissionLab.

Twitter Update

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Myanmar Blog (Day 3-Prep)

Day 3 (24 days till Myanmar)

Spiritual - Check out my previous blog, "The New Methodists". Also trying to memorize Phil 2:1-8 with my boy Matt.
Physical - Wrapped up my fast at 5 with a great home cooked meal from my wife. I grilled the chicken. Good choice minus the three cookies that I ate. Needed something sweet.
About to go and lift weights and play some midnight basketball. Not a huge fan of playing so late, but I need to reps.

Myanmar Fact -
-The leader of the opposition party, Aung San Suu Kyi, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991. She has been kept under house arrest since 1990. Pray the voice of the people would eventually be heard and that there would be political and religious freedom and justice in Myanmar.
-The military regime has tried to wipe out the Church, but it still continues to grow. Pray that Christians would be able to stay faithful to God as they are persecuted and have courage to share their love of God with others.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Rob