About Me

My photo
New Orleans, LA, United States
Family from South Africa, Born in New Orleans, Lived in South Carolina. Married to Annabeth since May 2004. We have three boys (Bolt, Mack, and Birk). Currently living in Uptown NOLA and serving as Lead Pastor of Vintage Church and Camp Pastor of Student MissionLab.

Twitter Update

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Myanmar Blog (Day 1-Prep)

I am heading to Myanmar (Burma) on March 26th with two of my dudes from Vintage (Rob and Sean). We will be on mission coaching & playing basketball with the Burmese National Teams as well as helping out local missionaries. This will be my second trip to Myanmar with the same ministry. Here is a pic of my brother and I on the trip.


I have decided to keep a short daily blog of my pre-trip prep, actual journey, and post-reflections. Here we go...

Day 1 (26 days till Myanmar)
Spiritual - We had an amazing day at Vintage today. Half of our worship time was devoted to prayer. After Paul gave a charge to the church at Ephesus, he was led to prayer (Acts 20:31). After being challenged by our "Be the Church" series in Acts, I have been overwhelmed by the need around the world. Christ has mandated for us to be His witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8). Instead of strategy and planning, God is calling me and our church to a season of prayer. Stay tuned.

Physical (need to lose atleast 10lbs this month) - Weights (30min) CrossTrainer (30min) Treadmill (10min) this morning. + i ate no junk food today. Gotta start somewhere.

Myanmar Fact - Area 676,577 sq.km. Basin and delta of the Irrawaddy River ringed by a horseshoe of high mountains that isolates the country from India, China and Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Rob