About Me

My photo
New Orleans, LA, United States
Family from South Africa, Born in New Orleans, Lived in South Carolina. Married to Annabeth since May 2004. We have three boys (Bolt, Mack, and Birk). Currently living in Uptown NOLA and serving as Lead Pastor of Vintage Church and Camp Pastor of Student MissionLab.

Twitter Update

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bolt Arrives!


I know that I haven't written this week, but I have a pretty good excuse. Annabeth went into labor this past Wednesday morning around 5:00am. After a long day of struggle but amazing joy, Annabeth gave birth to our son on Wednesday night at 8:48pm.


I have a lot of friends that have kids. They have all told me that watching your wife give birth to your first child is one of the greatest experiences of your life. After Wednesday night I join the list of daddy's around the world. There is absolutely nothing that compares with the experience of kissing your wife and looking into the eyes of your child. Thank you Jesus for giving me such an amazing blessing. I know that this little man is going to teach me so much about the love Christ has for us.


I love my wife so much! She pushed for over 3 hours. I kept giving her ice chips and washing her face with a wash cloth and she never slowed down. Finally, after a long battle our little man made his entrance into this world. At that moment I was utterly speechless. The only thing that I could do was cry and kiss my beautiful wife. His name is Robert Bolton John Wilton. We are calling him Bolt. He has four names just like his dad (Robert Edwin John Wilton). Bolton is my mom's maiden name, so we are going to carry on my grandpa's (who we call "Bumpa") name. John is the name of my other grandpa (who we call "Papa"). He is a big boy and fits his nickname "little fatty" well. 9lb 3.8 oz and 21 1/2 in tall! His head is huge like his daddy (14 1/4cm).


Enjoy the pics. Thanks to all our friends and family for your prayers and support.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!

Rob